Fences define boundaries and give the garden structure, shape and proportion. Fences can give quite a different feel to a garden, they can range from been very sturdy and functional, to a picket fence which will give the garden a cottage feel. The design of the fence should be influenced by the local landscape.
Our fences are all made on the job and will fit perfectly. Each post, rail and board used will be tanalised, these have been pressure treated to protect the timber and have a life expectancy of at least fifteen years. It is not necessary to treat the wood.
- A boarded fence built correctly is a very solid structure, it can be close boarded giving privacy and shelter, alternatively the boards can be gapped which is useful in very exposed areas, allowing some wind to pass through.
- A picket fence is ideal in a country cottage setting as shown in picture top left, the gapping can vary as required according to taste.
- A post and rail fence is good in a rural setting, for enclosing a large area of garden or field, it allows you to see beyond the fence but still acts as a boundary as shown in picture top right.
- Trellis is not as substantial as any of the above fences, but can be used as screening and is a good support for climbing plants.
- Park railings made from metal act as a boundary, but allow you to see beyond it. It can be made to curve beautifully to suit a curving site.
Click here to see more images of Fences